Thursday, January 25, 2007

seeing John GT today

Came across his way in front of the coffee corner at Murphy today. "Do you want some coffee?" he asked. I turned it down politely. We went to his office where he made another offer. "Do you want some cake?" Again, I said no. "What's wrong with you?" he said jokingly. "There's some apples here, oranges... Are you sure? Well, OK! OK!"

We ended up talking for half hour. First we talked about my past production of Silence, then moved on to the current one, Ashes. He asked me to submit a 5-page introduction to the production, containing my interpretation of the piece. Besides that, he said that it was a benefit for a midwest university theatre to have people from outside the country because we offer some varieties to these American theatre students and audiences that they might not get from their peers. Like he said that I cared for the piece and certain levels of craftsmanship more than showcasing good acting techniques while it's usually the other way around with these students. Well... I said to John that I learned a lot from him. He is a god!!! (I didn't tell him that).

Next agenda: talk to Jim Peterson about using the Inge theatre.

No comments: