
I'm in love again. And again and again. And again, with this beautiful
Ashes to Ashes. I feel it in my stomach. And I'm glad my actors, Gina and Brian, fell in love with it instantly as well. It was their first reading, and it was fabulous. We had a discussion afterwards. At first both of my actors didn't realize that Devlin and Rebecca are a married couple (which I found curiously interesting... so I can manipulate this somehow for the audience). They thought it took place in a mental hospital or police station, with those frustrating series of interrogation. But it was obvious to them that Devlin has been an authority figure to Rebecca. And it was proved from the reading that the piece is painfully funny in some parts. We just laughed our heads off with the communication problems between the husband and wife.
"I think she's a wacko!" said Brian about his "wife." No, I think
you are, Devlin!
Notes:
- Later on, I got to set aside some extra time working on Devlin's monologues. They really are tough!
- It was set then that we rehearse every Monday and Wednesday from 5 to 7 pm at Murphy 209.
- I still need to pick up the Inge form from Mark Reaney, then pass it to Jim.
No comments:
Post a Comment