
I started the directing process today. From the scratch. I have the ideas in my head, which soon, I hope, can be spelled out here. I haven't had a definite cast and crew. I planned to meet Gina later today to talk about this, whether or not she is gonna take the role of Rebecca I offered her long ago. Then, I still have to make an appointment to meet John GT, my professor and supervisor, to talk about the audition and the general production.
Today I ordered 2 copies of Death etc. for my actors. The reason why I purchased this edition is because Ashes to Ashes is best seen within the political context of Pinter's later works. My actors will not only be required to read Ashes but the whole book to get the ideas of Pinter's grudges -- the whole issues that have sparked his anger in the last ten years.
No comments:
Post a Comment