Monday, January 22, 2007

Gina as Rebecca and [?] as Devlin

I met with Gina at the union at around 4 this afternoon - first time this year! She looked charming with nice tan she got from Costa Rica. Well... she's always a charmer anyway. But that's not it here. The point is she agreed to help me with the production. So she 'officially' is gonna play Rebecca! She asked if I was sure the part was for her, and I said "Definitely." There is a layer of issue that I want to put forward by using her 'non-white, non-American' body (in a performance manner of speaking) opposing the male white American actor playing her husband. I think it is a perfect timing to talk about this issue: redefining the center, though probably it's too big of a word. At least cursing under your breath at the Lord Order.

I still haven't decided about the actor playing Devlin. Possible names: Brian and Dale. Intimidating is the adjective. But I want him also to be elegant and charming in his own way. He's, like what he says, a "man who ducks his head and moves on through no matter what wind or weather." I think both of those excellent actors have those qualities. Physically, Brian is more convincing: tall and nice, lean body. This is a benefit since Gina is pretty big. Dale looks "too young," said Gina. But I didn't agree. He looks old enough if he grows his beard. And he is bald now - which gives some mean look on him. : )

No comments: