Wednesday, February 7, 2007

the booze (rehearsal 3)

Now, the venue was Brian's living room. Pretty nice, with broken clocks everywhere, and beers during breaks.

We went through the whole play, still with discussions of some stuffs here and there. Why Devlin repeats the question "So your legs were opening?" and the significance of man in the theatre were among others we talked about.

Brian's hand gestures were, as usual, annoying. So, I really need to remind him to have control over them. Perhaps I should tie up his hands to his back. Just an idea. A stupid one. And God how he loves pauses more than Pinter does! But he is an awesome actor to work with. He knows where something isn't right by instinct, and insists on repeating it until it feels right.

Gina, as always, sounds flat at the beginning, almost as if she was reluctant. But I've worked with her many times before to know that it is her technique to save energy. When it is time to use it, then boom! I know many good actors do that.

The rehearsal was ended by reading a short piece by Pinter called The New World Order. Just to have more taste of Pinter's world, especially the current one.

No comments: